Thursday, February 1, 2018

Winnipeg

Yes, I confess I was in Winnipeg this week so didn't see the moon either.  I was supposed to come in Tuesday morning for a 2 day meeting but they decided Monday afternoon that I should come in right away to miss the weather.  Probably a good idea as the snow and blowing snow just got worse over night.  I don't think I could have made it in on Tuesday.  I tried to write to the blog but my phone just didn't like the hotel I guess.  Couldn't do anything.  I did get a quick visit with Loren on Wednesday.  I was early for the meeting at the Union Centre so I asked if he was available.  We talked for a while.  it was really good to see him and catch up.  At the start of my meeting or rep said we would get together again in 4 or 5 weeks.  By the end of the meeting he was saying 2 weeks.  Got an email today...... Feb. 15th.  exactly 2 weeks.  Our contract is up again so we are heading to negotiations.  Last time for me.  Rrain house sat for us so we had no worries about the animals.  Jim came in with me and, can you believe it, applied for his very first passport in his life!  Now what am I going to put on his tombstone..... I was going to say "never had a passport in his life"  Oh, and while Loren and I were talking my rep came looking to see if any of us were there yet.  He came around the corner and saw  us and said "Oh!  I can really see the resemblance now"  I guess Loren does have some McGrath in him.  I know Amber does.  We are still hoping to get away in July.  Rrain is all set to sit for us again.  I just have to have the holidays approved.  It is Glenda's 75th birthday..... you'd think that management would take that into consideration.    I think I am going to have  to break down and buy myself a new computer at home.  I have 3 that each have something wrong with them.  One is so old I don't think it would work anymore.  the other was free and then there is my poor laptop.  Oh well  Back to work time.

No comments:

Post a Comment