Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Jumanji

We did go to see Jumanji last night.  I've been thinking about how I would describe it.  The word "gentle" springs to mind, but that  isn't quite right for a movie where one character's strongest strength is in "Fight Dancing", and that's one of the women!  I do want to say that there was a depth in the characters that one doesn't usually find in a Duane Johnson action movie.  I also gained a lot of respect for the actor Jack Black, who, as a middle aged man in life, played a teen age girl.  The scene where the other men tried to show him/her, as a girl in a man's body, how to urinate in the bush, was priceless.  The line where he/she says "Oh that is so much easier", comparing it to what she normally goes through, said all that need to be said in the scene. 

It's coming up on two years since I started my new eating regime, (March 1st) and this morning I made a decision.  I don't think, that really, in my heart, I've accepted this as a totally new lifestyle.  I need to start thinking of it as a new lifestyle, rather than something I go through on the way to somewhere else.  As well, a lot of it has become too routine, and I'm not thinking when I plan meals, but rather acting out of habit.  Over breakfast, I finally read the chapter in the book on maintenance.  I have deliberately not read this before.  This step will mean taking a different approach to meal planning, and being forced to think more about what I eat.  One thing he stresses when moving into maintenance, is to continue monitoring weight and body measurements, as a means of monitoring the success of the maintenance--which should continue for the rest of your life.

Back to the "salt mine" this morning.  I started and then gave up on making a blue hexie bag. It just didn't "sing" to me, but I have started a black, grey and pink one that I think I like much better.
We have scheduled a date for me to teach the beading class to two ladies.  This is in payment for the long arm quilting of my green quilt, last fall. Since I want a couple of my older hangings to use as teaching samples, this means that I have to start going through the bundles of hangings, I have stored away, sooner than expected, and may not have the time to fully inventory them.  But I can take pictures and measurements, and that's half the battle.  David has agreed to help me with the first of it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment