Wednesday, November 1, 2017

We spent money today

Not a lot.  We spent the afternoon picking up those piddly-arse little things that almost take more time than they're worth.  But having said that, we did get David four very nice long-sleeved T-shirts.  He doesn't buy clothing very often, and the stars have to align perfectly before he'll commit to anything, but today was the day. 

 My ATC group has decided that we will make little holders for our cards for the next meeting.  Well, I went in search of double sided scrap booking paper to make mine.  It appears that they don't sell it anymore at places like Micheal's, although I might have been able to find it at a specialty scrap booking store--for a price.  So I got coloured card stock instead.  I figure I can use my rubber stamps to pretty it up.  And I got 8 different colours.  Now my worst fear is that they change their minds, because nobody else can figure out how to make them.

  Then I needed icing sugar.  I've made Melting Moments for the opening reception for the show in Selkirk on Sunday afternoon.  David decided we would check at Bulk Barn, since it is 10% Senior Discount Wednesday.  We picked up a couple of licorice bars, and some walnuts as well, and at checkout, were offered a discount of $0.32 on a bill of over $20.00.  David wasn't happy with this and went back in to ask.  Turns out that the walnuts were on sale and the discount doesn't apply to sale items.

By this time it's 4:30 and we're in the middle of rush hour.  I had forgotten how clogged the streets get around here during rush hour. Quite an eye opener. But, on to Starbucks where it was Double Star day.  This can mean quite a difference on my collector stars, so when it comes up, and that isn't often, (and you only know about it via an e-mail the morning of the sale,) I like to buy my ground coffee supply for home.  Well, they didn't have the coffee I wanted, but after being told this by one of the newer staff, one of the more long term baristas suggested that they take one pound from their brewing stock and sell it to me in a plain paper bag.  Then the same lady came over an apologized to me for taking so long to brew my coffee yesterday, and insisting on giving me one free today.  This meant that I would get my double stars on the coffee beans only, but who would turn down a free cup of Starbucks coffee?

As we're leaving Starbucks, the man on the radio is saying that if you see gas for less than $1.18/litre to stock up , as gas is going up by 0.15/ litre today. Quick change of plans.  David says we're buying gas --now.  This takes us back to the busy, crowded streets, but we find our regular station still has it at the lower price.  Got the gas, and the streets are looking like a parking lot.  So we dipsy-doodle through a hotel parking lot, and get onto a different street that will allow us to use the lane that will take us straight home.  However, the gods had smiled, and the street had magically emptied.  We could have gotten out of the gas station with absolutely no problems. Ar-g-g-gh!

Since the morning had been spent making Christmas shortbread, we were now just about at the end of a very convoluted but busy day.  We're both beat, and sitting losing at poker seems just about the right speed for tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment