Wednesday, November 15, 2017

shopping at Dollarama

This is always an adventure in self control.  We went in to buy some gravy mix, and then we thought of wrapping paper and cards for the birthday party, Friday.  The I wanted to feed my soul with a cruise down the stationary aisle.  In the end we spent over $24.00.  David commented that it had been a mistake to take me in there, but he was right beside me all the way.

Then, he remembered that we had been having trouble with the cellphone, so we trotted off to the other end of the mall.  It turned out that, with the change over from MTS to Bell, and the subsequent technological changes, there are significant changes occurring in the operating systems for phone like ours.  Evidently, all impacted customers have been contacted via texting, and encouraged to come in for up dated equipment.  We didn't have a text function on our phone. In the end we bought and paid for a new cell phone, and all of the features of our previous contract have been extended for another two years.  Had we taken the phone that came with a new contract, we would have lost some of the features that we really like, and would have had to pay an activation fee.  (At least that was their story, and they stuck to it)

While David was dealing with the paperwork of the new phone, I wandered into the store women's clothing next door--Ricki's.  They had my size, and overall their prices were lower than Pennington's, where I've shopped for almost 40 years.  I didn't buy anything, but the concept of me as a smaller person is just recently started creeping into my brain.  This seems to be very hard for me to adjust to, which, evidently, is often a problem for people who loose large amounts of weight.  I still think of myself as a size 24, not the size 14-16 that I presently am.


No comments:

Post a Comment