Thursday, November 2, 2017

Repeating one's self

What does it matter if you repeat yourself?  Eventually you will need to do that to remind yourself about what you were thinking, or where you were going.  I often repeat myself, especially when I sometimes believe no-one has heard me the first time.

Today we took David's T-shirts back to Mark's, as he had bought the wrong size.  It was a straight exchange, but when the dust settled the clerk insisted that we were due a $10.68 refund. Okay by me.

David brought a small beef roast upstairs,  (Oh Joy!), and said " You have a bunch of little round ones, and I have two big red ones."  I just looked at him and shook my head.  He thought about it for a moment, and then grinned, and said "I'm talking about potatoes."  I guess he was continuing a conversation from several hours previously, when we had first talked about cooking the beef.  Had me wondering for a minute, though.

Later this afternoon, I was putting together a work bag to take to Selkirk with me on Saturday, as I am scheduled to volunteer that day.  I couldn't find my favourite needle book, one that I've used and treasured for many years.  Since it often travels with me, and could have been left almost anywhere, sadly, I accepted the loss, and went into the basement studio to find a replacement.  This lead to a frenzy of searching, and then throwing out junk.  Maybe in frustration?  I found a nice replacement one, and also found one that Mom made as part of her education so many years ago at St. Mary's Academy.  Anyway, David came to help, and we ended up cleaning out the drawers in four, 6 drawer rolling cabinets, and 5 drawers in the wardrobe.  This resulted in two large green garbage bags to take to the thrift store, and one large bag for the garbage.  But no treasured needle book.  Finally coming up for supper, we both spotted my lost needle book in plain sight, on the small work table beside my chair. 

 And you worry about repeating yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment