Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Nov the First

This date always marks the time when I think Winter and a need to change in life's ways, of sorts! Hallowe'en is over and it is the time that the heat goes on inside, and the water outside is turned off and on and on and on...Harry has wanted the heat turned on and up for weeks but there is a little part of me that objects ( more likely it is the thought of the heating bill climbing up and up)
Very slow night for Spooks - all the preparation in candy bags, and decorations, and me dressing up, and then only 22 people came to the door between the period of 6 pm and until 8 pm when I shut down. Today I must take it all down and store away again until next year. It is raining so many of the cloth decorations will need to dry out. And then after the November 11 Services at the Legion, it will be time to think about Christmas and decorations and all that goes with it eg baking cookies. Harry is already making little chocolates by melting pure chocolate and hardening in special molds. These will be used to decorate shortbread cookies etc. We went into the Bulk barn and he bought a few more molds to use.  Also I bought some Whey Powder Pati to use with the 20/20 recipes. Speaking of which I also bought the Dr Phil first cookbook for diets at the Thrift Store ($2.00) I think it came out years ago - long before the 20/20 book but I thought I could use some of the recipes for making some nice meals. Do either of you have that book?  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
Pati, I really liked your Mouse Factory Blog - your tutorial for finishing your beautiful hexi quilt. I was able to print it off - I am not good at maneuvering around the computer but a few tries produced a printed copy for me to reference when I am doing my hexi quilt although that will me a long time in the making! I love your detail and I'm sure others will as well. I will start a little file and so it will be quick and handy for me - thanks. I look forward to more installments.
More mosaic tiles were obtained yesterday at the art lady's Studio in Huntsville. The drive down the highway was horrendous with blowing snow storm and freezing rain/ice pellets but it cleared once we got to Huntsville and made for a nice sunny, but cold day. 
We are still having issues with the storage units - much stress in trying to negotiate and work it out with the old landlord and my discussions with Harry and what he thinks we should do. But all shall be well eventually, I am sure haha! 
Time for some breakfast and a heat up of my coffee- I made it earlier but it got cold from sitting while I was on the computer.
Take care both of you. Welcome to November!

No comments:

Post a Comment