Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Milder

One might actually think that the snow will all melt away and Spring will be here. Oh, there is still snow around but much of it has melted. Our days are pretty full with packing up boxes and making trips to the sheds. This afternoon I slipped into the LCBO to beg for more boxes. They said take all you want from the shed at the back - so I did. Also picked up the latest Food and Drink magazine so that is what I will browse through in bed tonight.
I have been looking for a set of scarf, hat and mitts for Erin in the colour aqua or teal and having no luck at all.  I think I may have to give up but I promised Mike I would look after this request. I have even gone on line to LLBean, The Bay, Amazon etc  Would there be another site I could check out?
Thursday I take the car into the garage for the winter tires - it is time - Harry spun the car out in our driveway of all places when the snow was more abundant, and then we had trouble backing up the driveway as well.   The following week I go for my Annual Doctors appointment. I received a letter in the mail from Cancer Care Ontario reminding me that I am due for another mammogram. The cut off year is 74 so I can't beg off this thrill just yet - lets see, at every two years that makes it two or maybe three more times ....Wippee!
Last night I stayed up later in order to wash another dozen wine bottles. It is time for Harry to bottle his brew and unfortunately I haven't got all the bottle washed yet. These were the bottles we got free last year but they are dirty and the labels are still on all of them - what a pain to clean them up. I won't use GooGone either because it makes for a sticky result and I don't want that on the bottles.
So off to bed.   (I wish I had some great tales to tell just like your last few posts Pati - I so enjoy reading the blog and all the messages from you guys) Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment