Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I remember that workshop

and still have the book.  I went and got it out to check, and the title is "Stellar Journeys", and it is signed to me.  I've heard that they do that so that you can't sell it, as new.  I also remember trying to actually make a piece using the techniques, and getting nowhere.  But I had forgotten that there is a lot of information on designing for the use of "flying Geese" blocks in the book as well.  So my other memory is designing the"flying Geese" blocks for Cathy's wedding quilt, although I don't think I used the book for that.  Flipping through the pages I see info on foundation piecing, too.

David had some dental work done this morning.  He had been booked for 1 1/2 hours, so I took a quick trip to Poco Inspiring--the local bead store.  Picked up some beads that may end up in my orange/pink/purple reliquary, and then spent the rest of the time in Starbucks, during the noon hour trying to quietly read a book. (not likely!) after we did a bit of grocery shopping, and then home, just before 3:00.  Shortly after 4:00 he complained of a bad headache, so I gave him a couple of Tylenol and he went to lie down.  I had to wake him up over 2 1/2 hours later, when I woke up myself after a good nap.  

Guess we both needed it.  so now a quiet evening and then to bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment