Saturday, November 4, 2017

Enjoy the weekend

Hope the weekend will be a fun and enjoyable time spent for you Pati - with the Reception and all. Good networking opportunities?
Look forward to hearing about it when you can ...no hurry.
The clocks go back tonight and don't know if it will impact me greatly except may be brighter in the early hours when I get up.
Up early today for sure as I heard a commotion in the front room. Two cats were trying to get under the piano bench and finally my kitten Tigger prevailed and then was running around with a mouse in his mouth. I tried to get him but he was protecting his catch. So I have let him be, hoping he will soon tire and maybe drop the mouse who I am sure by now must be dead? I had my catch dish device all ready to try to live catch it and then release outside but I failed at that task. Just knowing there is a critter about frightens me. I am not afraid of a mouse but just anxious that this situation has presented itself (again), that's all.
Yesterday I managed to cover the big greenhouse - a very hard and time consuming job but I did it - in between "trips" with Harry to the sheds that is.  To cover the greenhouse one must clean off the top, cover with boards and then cover with a tarp and tie it down and tape it.  I also taped around certain areas of the little greenhouse as well  thinking of the spring and the heating. I hate to be heating the great outdoors because of breaches in the integrity of the greenhouse but then it isn't ever perfect either.
There is a benefit BBQ at the local Roadhouse this afternoon and I would like to go to show support but time will tell. Last week the local coffee restaurant / gift store had a fire and much damage with smoke. It will be at least a month before it can get back to functioning. I like the owners - on occasion when I took Scooby down to the lake I would drop in for a coffee to go when they were located on the Main Street. They then moved from downtown to closer to the arena and had a really nice bigger place - I went a few times for a specialty coffee. it is in the same building as Service Ontario and that office also sustained damage.
Well, time for a coffee (speaking of same) and maybe search out a cat with a mouse haha! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment