Monday, November 13, 2017

Another adventure with Gail

I forgot to mention that the whole purpose of Gail and I getting together over the weekend was so that she could give me back three fused glass cabochons that I had given her in a box of them.  This had been forgotten in the fun we had.  However, I remembered yesterday and sent an e-mail.  She responded today, and we agreed that she would drop in after going  for lunch with a friend.  So she shows up at the house, bringing all three big containers of cabochons that I had giver her.  We sorted through them all ( some of them are so pretty that they just scream out to be fondled), and I picked out 5 for my other friend to consider in a a special project she is working on. Then Gail suggests that we go for coffee.  Now, I know this woman practically lives in her van, and that it's often a mess.  I sometimes use the back seat of my car as a garbage can, but, boy, could I ever take lessons from her!  She went out to clean off the passenger seat while I got my coat and shoes on.  Then it took about 5 minutes for the two of us, together, to shovel the rest of the crap off the seat.  Then I looked at the floor.  The floor on the passenger side of the van was several inches deep in loose cutlery.  That's right, I said loose cutlery--all sorts of spoons and forks, although I have to confess that I didn't notice any knives.  And when I say several inches deep I mean 3-5 inches deep.  Well, we both looked at this, and decided that I would be fine between the house and the coffee shop is my feet were on top of the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment