Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Work?

My first day back yesterday:  Elizabeth was sick; Shirley came in but went right to the doctor because she hurt her wrist.  She is off for 2 days and then "administrative" work for 2 days.  No computer.  Unfortunately there is not a single job in this office that does not involve the computer or lifting heavy books.  Not sure what will be happening.  As a result, I am 8:30 to 4:30 this week.  Since I can't sit around the house that long I am at work, using my computer for personal business.  :)  Jim is up at 5:30 to haul potatoes again, so I have been up since then. (awake since 3:45..... it's going to be a very long day)  I developed a bad cough last Wednesday.... lost my voice and everything.  I still have a cough but that is all that happened.  No cold or anything.  I have to go to a course on Saturday.  All day in Winnipeg when it is supposed to be really nice out.  Long way to go for a one day course.  Oh well.   There is really nothing much happening in my life right now.  Pretty boring in fact, so I really have nothing much to share.  That is so sad :(   I am supposed to be writing an instruction manual for work but I have no idea how to go about it.  They want it step by step, even if you have to repeat the steps over and over for different scenarios.  I can do it if they will only give me some time.  It is pretty regimented here now.  The same thing everyday and if you don't meet your "targets"  everybody hears about it.  It is sort of like being back in a factory.  Only 2 more years to go. (barring that highly elusive lottery win). 

No comments:

Post a Comment