Saturday, September 16, 2017

Weekend from hell

Yep, it finally arrived.  Sometime ago I put my name down to sit in the gallery in Selkirk today.  Then came a request for volunteers to sit in the gallery for 4 hours tomorrow to accommodate the "Beneath the Lakes Studio Tour".  I agreed, then was told that the studio tour was also today, and the gallery would be open from 10:00-5:00, and that they were having trouble finding someone able to work with me, as most of the artists would have to be in their own studios, for the tour.  So David and I carefully planned the weekend, recognizing that by tomorrow evening, I would probably be exhausted.  They did find others to work with me, although it is a bit of a "patchwork" arrangement.  By 3:00 today things had settled down a bit, and since there were two other people there, I was able to come home.  Until I got in the car, I didn't realize how very tired I was.  It had been a very hectic and busy day.  

While I was there, the other two ladies and I talked about pricing art.  Since one of them had the necessary procedural knowledge, we ended up re-pricing my "Junco" piece, something that had been preying on my mind ever since we delivered it for hanging.  I'm much happier now.

We got up this morning to cold, rainy weather, and ended up turning the furnace on.  So enjoy the warmth while you can, Beth, winter is on it's way.  Now I have my cup of de-caf espresso pour-over at hand, supper,( prepared yesterday in anticipation) is in the over, and I can relax for a few minutes. I have planned nothing but vegging out for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment