Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Moving right along....

Lots done today - I trimmed all the trees along the fence between us and neighbour. Then I went to the hardware and purchased two gallons of paint the colour the neighbour requested when asked by Harry. It is a glossy beigy colour. Now I have to sand the boards once they dry out a bit - hoping for some nice weather to dry it out and allow me to get started painting. But it has rained yesterday and today so not much relief. Also we did all the three bushels of peaches and nectarines that Harry bought from the folks on the lake yesterday. Saved some for eating but only a few.
And, I met with George, the pet man, at the local pet store at 4:30 this afternoon. George owns the Global Store in North Bay and he finally was able to order and received the baby bird formula which he brought down here to Sundridge for me to pick up. He lives in Sundridge and although another fellow runs the Acme Store here we think that George likely also owns it. Strange fellow. He wanted to come here to demonstrate the feeding process but I resisted. He was a bit upset to have to demonstrate using only his fingers to simulate because I have to do it right or run the chance of drowning the bird. Wonderful! I'll start that tomorrow - wish me luck please.
Tomorrow we head to Huntsville and Harry has a Cat Scan at 8:30 at the Hospital. Hoping that this test may help to resolve his current ongoing physical problems. 
So now I hope to get to bed after closing up, and do a bit of reading. Not much sleep these nights - just seem to lay in bed and watch the clock.  Yesterday i managed to work on the hexi quilt for about an hour.  it felt really good to take the time - I'd love to be able to finish it this winter if i can.
How are things??? XX

No comments:

Post a Comment