Saturday, September 9, 2017

home again

After a very interesting day in Winnipeg I am home again.  A big thanks to Rrain for doing all the driving.   Unfortunately I left my sweater at the union centre. Never gave It thought cause it was so warm out. We got out early but I had no way to reach Rrain cause her phone was dead. She had borrowed a phone and left me a message that she was at a rally on the south side of the legislature building, or on the front steps, or in the beer garden  I walked down there and there were about 800 people on the south side of the building for the rally. I walked through the crowd and then around the edge and then back to the middle. Just as I was giving up there was a break in the crowd with a direct line of sight to Rrain!  I still can't believe I found her in the crowd. The rally went on much longer than she expected. There were supposed to be 7 speakers but people kept asking and there ended up with around 15. I didn't know it but she had gotten an email last night asking if any members of the Winnipeg choir she is in could sing the closing song. Some stayed til the end and she was on stage singing. It was a rally against hate in Winnipeg and the speakers were mostly minority's leaders in Winnipeg ( Jewish, Islamic , Buddhist, native, gay, etc). An interesting end to my day.  Now it is after 8 pm on September 9th and I am sitting outside in a tshirt.  Last night we walked from the legislature to the hotel at 9 pm without any jackets and were comfy.  Weird weather. At least we don't have hurricanes.   Jim was hauling potatoes but they have shit down til at least Thursday cause it is too hot!  I am not going to complain. Enjoy it while you can

No comments:

Post a Comment