Sunday, September 17, 2017

Exciting Day

For sure Pati you will be very tired after your volunteer duties have been fulfilled however, by virtue of having satisfied your concerns about pricing your art pieces already, I am sure the entire event will have been a positive experience in many ways?? And you even had your special daily coffee "in hand" to enjoy - that makes it good already, right!
Today was a surprise for us and a departure from the week of scraping and painting the fence which was to be the order of the day for today as well.  Yesterday afternoon Mike and Erin called - in a bit of a quandary trying to organize their schedules and commitments "to please everyone" - they are expected in Toronto next weekend by her family to celebrate her sisters Birthday and her purchase of a new condo. It also is Harry's Birthday next weekend so they wondered if we would like to visit with them this weekend to celebrate. So of course we concurred, and off to Markstay we went early this morning. It was nice for me because there was no time for us to buy and prepare food for a lunch or much of anything so it was a bit of a relief actually.  They had made fresh bread, and had 2 different cold salads and pulled pork in the slow cooker for us to enjoy. And then a layer cake baked and iced for a Birthday dessert.  Nice visit with them as usual, and before I knew it - time to come home - boo hoo!
Tomorrow it is to rain, so no outside work is planned, but the rest of the week is sunny again. Maybe we might actually get the fence finished after all haha!
My friend Janie Marshall called last night from Winnipeg - she is a grandmother now with her only son and his wife having their first child - a boy on Sept 11.  She was overflowing with excitement so I basically just listened and grunted a few times haha! Nice for all of them - the wife's family live in Sask. and had come to Wpg for the event.
On a sadder note, I read the article in the WFP this morning of an update to the murder of Irene Pearson (Smith) in 1979. They call it a mysterious cold case and have few leads but this particular article was the most graphic in details about the murder that I have read on her. I felt compelled to read it in it's entirety, but I was very saddened to have read it as it brought back so many memories. 
And then on the way home in the car today there was a voice mail on my phone from the family of our friend who lives in Ingersoll, On. I called back and spoke with her daughter in law. She died on Friday night. She used to live across the street from us here and was my sitter for the boys when i went back to work. I knew she was ill and has been through a lot in the last few years, and I had spoken last to her in July on her Birthday. Again, saddened by the news.
Bedtime now, and hope to get some rest so I can start the new week refreshed (somewhat haha!)  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment