Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A calming time

I think I've reached the point of acceptance in whatever the future holds for my art. 

Friday, when my friend Gail and I were out, we dropped into Michael's to pick up some gesso.  I had a coupon but, of course the darn stuff was on sale, so we got it at the sale price. after coffee, we came home and split the bottle.  But while I was in there, I found some wooden finials that I thought might be worth taking a better look at in terms of purse handles.  I have one hexie based purse made using a very  old set I had here.  Well, a quick trip to Rona and here we are.

They are closer to being the same size than they appear in the picture-less than 1/4 inch between them. 

So we are off on an adventure tomorrow. I have a meeting about the craft show at the end of the month, tomorrow morning.  Once that is over we head out. The quilt store that services my big machine is having a sale, and I want to stop in.  Hah! Stop in?  They're on the other side of town,  Then we plan to stop at the Michael's store on that side of town, to see if we can find more finials.  And that store is right across the back lane from the big bead store.  Then, we may head over to the Michael's store in St. Vital to check for finials.  If we can find even two more sets, I'll be in business for the rest of the winter.

Fall is certainly here.  You're picking green tomatoes, Beth, and I had to add a quilt to the bed last night.  Sure signs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment