Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Trying to hear better

We've had to buy new bathmats recently, as well as replace towels.  I found that that sort of thing is both cheaper and of better quality at Superstore.  Do you have one of those in your area, Beth?

Yesterday was our annual hearing aid check up.  Of course, David got his yearly lecture about wearing the darn things.  She really laid it on the line.  Both of us have lost, but only a slight bit.  She had to go back a couple of years to be sure.  I've noticed it.  She says that my left ear is now at the level at which the right was when I got the aid, in the first place.  While they recommend that everyone have two, I've avoided it, but now I guess it's time.

After the hearing exam, David had an appointment with the ophthalmologist.  He has been having trouble, and I managed to get him an urgent appointment.  Now it seems he needs laser surgery, which is a new thing for him.  They are concerned enough to set it up for a surgery day in a couple of weeks, rather than seeing to it in the office, as mine were all done.

This morning I took at look at my weight over the past month.  I weigh every Monday and record it on the calendar.  For the last four weeks my weight has shifted up and down over the same two pounds.  So, as of this morning, it's back to phase one.  For lunch that meant a prune/yogurt smoothie--just what I wanted--not!

But the clothing issue is becoming more urgent.  We took a look at my closet this morning, and there isn't much left.  Even so, we found a couple more items that need to go.  One thing almost every diet known to man states is to get rid of the "big" clothing, or you will gradually get back to it, without realizing what's happening.  David has now told me that my trousers are looking "baggy", and that I need to find some that fit better.  My heart tells me that to buy clothing now, is to accept that this is the point where I expect to end up, and I really don't want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment