Monday, June 20, 2016

Touching base

I had a really nice visit with Tom and Jadwiga on Friday (2 hours!)  We talked about a  lot of memories and filled in on family.  Tom has so many nieces and nephews I have no idea who belonged to who!  Tom was very ill last year.. They weren't sure if he would live.  He had some sort of liver failure that they couldn't diagnose.  Jadwiga was sure that he picked up something in Thailand when they were there, but he was down for months.  Much better now, but still not 100%.  When I saw him I said "you look like Uncle Jake" but as soon as Shirley (my co-worker) saw us she said "I can really see the resemblance"  So I guess we both look like Auntie Flo.  Tom was telling me about how his mom was an assistant to the Premier(or something like that)  when she met Uncle Jake and she left it all to marry him.  True Love.. We finally got to have a fire tonight.  The wind died down for a couple of hours but it is supposed to pick up again soon.  I was in Brandon all weekend for a strategic planning session. Our facilitator was great and I think we made a lot of progress in determining who we are and where we are going. Now I am just waiting for the moon to rise so I can say I saw the full moon on the solstice since it won't happen again here for over a century.  Work is work..... what can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment