Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sunday

Last day before they come back.  We've had the use of the stove over the weekend, the only problem being that half the supplies are downstairs and all prep work has to be done at the basement bar.  For two old duffers who have trouble with stairs, this is not a good system.  Other than my daily (almost!) trip to Starbucks, we've spent the weekend quietly at home.  We were able to hear the noise of fireworks Friday evening, and into the morning, but otherwise enjoyed Canada Day on tv. Today we're going to roast the chicken--our last one.  This is turning into somewhat of an adventure, but still, that's how we've been amusing ourselves over the past few years--with small adventures.

While I've been a bit emotional over the past few days, hopefully that's moderated by a good sleep (chemically induced on my part) last night--for both of us I think. This morning I could see the effect of the emotions at the scale.  My weight is lower than it's been in almost 20 years!  I ate well yesterday.  Emotional eating-yes-certainly, and in full recognition of it at the time. Our meals have really been "catch-as-catch can" over the past week, and perhaps we needed a planned full meal, even if it wasn't according to Dr. Phil.  I have to wonder if part of my better mood, today, isn't partially the result of eating better, if not healthier.

I finished a small piece yesterday, that has been on the work table for several weeks.  Not much of an accomplishment, but an accomplishment none the less.  Now the dishes are done ( ever try to wash a large roasting pan in a small bar sink?  An adventure in itself), and David has vacuumed the main travel areas, of the rug. The next task is to clean up the studio.  I often make a ritual of this when a piece is finished.  So that's the plan for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment