Friday, June 10, 2016

Summer colds

I saw the doctor Monday morning and by afternoon I started coughing.  Do you think there is a connection?  It has slowly moved through my body and is now in my chest and head.  Go figure.  The doctor ordered  lotsa tests and said he would let me know if there was any issues.  Since I have heard nothing I guess everything is okay.  Through Loren, I have been in touch with Tom Overwater.  He and his wife will be going through Neepawa next week and we are going to meet for coffee. (or tea in my case :))  He has certainly led an exciting life from his emails.  A world traveler. Lots of things happening at work again.  On the 15th we have training on electronic transfers (oh boy) and on the 20th & 21st we are going to be "podded".  A wonderful innovation out of Winnipeg that has groups of 4 people working together as a unit.  Oh gee....that would be our office.  Each pod has to have a name.  Our office likes "the archetypes"  the "Archies" for short.  Do you think Winnipeg will figure it out?  Oh well.   That is progress, I guess. Because of more problems with the work Winnipeg is doing for our office I have had contact with some of the "worker bees" there.  They are no happier with having to do our work than we are having them do it.  It is the Powers that Be that are the issue.  There is supposed to be a meeting next week to discuss it.  Gee.... Our office doesn't like it..... the people doing the work in their office don't like it..... what is there to meet about? (bitch..bitch..bitch)  I had hoped for a fire tonight, since it is a great evening but, as usual, the wind has picked up.  No way I will chance a fire tonight.  We did get my massive :) pool set up.  8 feet across.  Just enough to sit in.  I bigger pool would be nice again, but for now this is great.  I can sit and read after work.  (as long as I am reading one of my own pocket books and not a library book)  We were under a severe thunderstorm watch yesterday but all we got was 5 minutes of light rain.  I didn't want the hail and tornadoes anyway.  Tomorrow I get to do laundry and clean. (for the morning... then I sit and read :))  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment