Thursday, June 23, 2016

Strawberries

Opening day at the Berry Patch - and guess who were the first two folks standing in line at 8 am!  We picked easily and got 6 baskets with in no time. And then up to North Bay to deliver some freshly picked berries.  Had a coffee at Mike's - always a treat.  And he gave me a belated Mother's Day gift - he had ordered on line and he thinks it came "on a slow boat from China" haha! Beautiful Owl earrings - three pairs. Each with different coloured stone eyes - diamonds, rubies and emeralds ( of course they aren't real gems!) I was thrilled.
There will be more berry picking in my immediate future - I can bet on it, but for now I am going to manage, best I can,  three full baskets in the fridge - and eat them up! Bought some canned whipping cream although I prefer them plain - Harry likes them with the whipping cream.
You were looking forward to this Guild garage sale so I guess the outcome would be a bit disappointing Pati.  But if you "got rid of" some items then that was really part of your plan, right?  
I am thinking about you Pati, (and Dave)  and know you are in countdown to the wire now. Do you plan to eat out the first night of construction just as a celebration of sorts of ....  "yes, we did it" ?
Well,  we are cleaning up outside. Harry has taken a notion to sort through some of the accumulation and take runs to the dump! I'm in!! Let's do it !  (hehe) This includes cutting down some trees - two yesterday and one more slated for tomorrow, maybe?  But all this extra work is taking it's toll - I couldn't even read one whole chapter last night of my new Stuart Woods novel. Shame.
I watered tonight after supper and it only took me a little over two hours. I'm not kidding.....
I am getting all sorts of messages from Bell, and Hydro etc that I must ensure I pay my bills in light of the pending Canada Post strike and therefore that I should be sure I set up E billing! (I guess they want their money to keep coming) So I spent a little time on the computer just before blogging now to be sure all the accounts are in order and on line. So no more paper bills should be coming now. This scares me to think that all our life's activities are being entrusted to Internet. - I like to get mail!  So, folks, keep those wonderful notes and letters coming haha!  Time for bed. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment