Thursday, June 9, 2016

Shopping

We headed for Wal Mart, and found two pairs of slacks and a dressier T-shirt for $46+tax.  Then we went to Pennington's to see if I could find more slacks.  I was surprised at how different the sizing was.  In WalMart, I needed a 2X, but at Pennington's it's X, 1X, or 2X depending on manufacturer or cut.  Not that it matters, in the long run.  There David found a pair of red jeans-like trousers.  I fell in love with them and they fit like a dream.  I found a casual blouse that matches and a dressy blouse that matches.  Unfortunately the dressy blouse didn't come in my size, but they ordered one for me, to be mailed ( at no cost to me).  If it doesn't fit me, I can just take it back to the store for a refund.  I tried on all sorts of shirts and trousers, but settled for the jeans and four tops.  Two of the trousers/jeans are of good quality, and could last through the winter as well as this summer.  But--I will buy smaller, if I need to.  I can tell you that it was quite a shock to be trying on 1X, rather than 3X or 4x.  I sure didn't realize my sizing had gone down that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment