Friday, June 17, 2016

New clothes

The new blouse looks lovely with the pants. You look pleased with all your new clothes and I expect glad you pursued the option of purchasing same now. I ,too, bought some newer tops and two pairs of shorts lately. I just need to actually wear them now. I tend not to wear shorts in public, but will try at least to wear them walking downtown. I'll try it today as I have to buy some lottery tickets for weekend. Let you know if I survive.
You both are meeting up with "family" members this week - Pati with Dave's cousin, and Cathy with our Overwater cousin. I wonder who I will encounter? No one around here is related to my family and we never really see any of Harry's family anymore. I count my trips to North Bay and to Mike, and Will, as my family visits!
I spoke with my friend Cheryl in Winnipeg yesterday. It was her B'day June 9 and took some time to connect with her by phone. Different life from mine, but still nice to keep us with old friends.I received an email from friend Sue - she was out with a few of the others I've had lunch with, and ran into some of the other "old" staff that we worked with. She wrote because the conversation turned to the "old times"and my name kept coming up - she said with great fondness and respect. She thought I would like to hear. Maybe nice to hear things like that especially when life seems to be so finely tuned to home and garden these days, haha  Speaking of which, I guess I better sign off as my day starts in earnest.
Hoping you have a good weekend all. Pati your time is closing in for the renovations - I'm as excited as you, I think, but without all the worry and work!!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment