Thursday, June 23, 2016

minor disappointment

Last evening was the quilters' guild "garage sale".  Someone asked how I did, and the answer I gave was " Not as well as I had hoped, but better than I really expected".  I was talking to our friend Lee ( Alida).  We were saying that while we were both trying to get rid of "stash", so were most of the other ladies in the room, as we tend to be all of an age.  I took my beautiful nesting boxes, that I didn't want to get rid of, but knew I would never use.  They didn't sell, so I took them to the "Hospitality" ladies and offered to donate them for use in future fund-raising draws. They expressed that they were to valuable to accept, but they would rather pay for them.  Then they had a long discussion, right in front of me, about whether the $25/each was too much to pay, and decided that it was.  So I again offered to donate them, and they again said they said that they should be paid for.  We settled for half of what I had been offering.  Then they demanded a receipt, and I filled one out for them, which they then offered to me to use as a tax deduction--which of course was ridiculous, and totally "back-asswards".

Today, David has his eye surgery, and we don't expect to accomplish much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment