Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hitting the wall

I hit the wall just before supper today.  With everything going on, not sleeping, having something cruel said to me this morning about my work, I was on the edge. Then something on the internet came to a head today.  If the threat is real, I will loose my e-mail and maybe a bunch of other programming, (anything based on Microsoft software,) tomorrow. But if it's a scam, there is no problem, and I'm always suspicious of anything that states, in fine print, that a credit card will be required.  The only reason that I'm giving it any credibility at all is that the issue they have identified is one that our computer guy spoke of, when he set up our system a couple of years ago. So I had a bit of a melt down, and David wisely left the house to find us some take out supper.  This gave me a few minutes to pull it together, but this evening will be spent quietly and in separate rooms--not that that we don't do that fairly often when we get into internet poker.

The last couple of days have been short ones for the contractor.  They are at the stage when all of the electrical stuff etc is done, and there is nothing left but painting to do.  They come in and sand off the patching they did, add another layer of patching and leave.  They are gone for the weekend, and even put the stove back for me, for the next three days.  So we are going to roast our last big chicken over the weekend, and have left overs for a couple of days.

They paint on Monday, and we spend the night at the hotel.  Tuesday is for any odds and ends, such as removing painters tape, re-hanging lights, and putting on wall plates.  Then the cupboards get delivered and hung on Wednesday and Thursday.  They require an inspection, and that has been scheduled for Friday morning.  Then comes the tile work, which can't be done until after the cupboards are in place.

Cathy, I think Beth is wise and you're headed in the right direction by planning nothing for a few days.  But then make sure something is planned for a little later, to get you back on track.  And make it a fun thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment