Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Another quiet day

In celebration of June 1st, we turned the furnace back on.  It has been cold and rainy for a few days now, and the temperature in the house got down to uncomfortable.  We decided that there was just no reason for us to have to go out into the deluge, so put off a couple of errands until tomorrow.

Last evening was the AGM of my art group, and my friend, Gail, picked me up--as well as taking one of the casseroles.  We were to have set up an art show at the Millennium Library this morning, but Gail offered to take my stuff in for me, as she was on the hanging committee and I wasn't.  I'm sort of glad she did, as I was tired, and ready for a quiet day at home.  Now that she's made her choice, David was able to box the rest of the casserole dishes up today, ready to move out to Amber's

The machine sewing was finished yesterday on my latest small piece, and today I finished up all of the the tidying up to make it ready for beading.  I'm sort of looking forward to that.  There  is another small piece that I can tackle now, and get out of the way.  It's good to be working again.

I no longer have any Lily-of-the-Valley.  What we had came from the house on Maplewood, but the last of it was removed when we put in the front flower bed last year.  It had become quite scraggly.  But I, too, used to love the scent.  It was one of the few flowers that I would bring into the house. We never pick the Lady Slippers. They are just about past now, and I learned my lesson about peonies and ants years ago.  The other flower that I used to bring in was Lilacs, but ours were taken out several years ago.

And now I must start thinking about supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment