Saturday, June 25, 2016

8 pm Saturday night....

and I am ready for bed.  I didn't have a great sleep last night and then I woke up with a coughing fit this morning.  Sometimes things just aren't fair.   We worked at cleaning the house today and weeding the garden (maybe that is why I am tired)  I was excited to realise that my holidays are a week earlier than I thought.. 4 more days and I am off for 2 weeks.  I thought it was a week later so I am very happy right now. Monday and Tuesday we are being "podded" at work.   A pod consist of 4 employees working closely with each other to complete their days work.  Oh, gee... there are only 3 of us plus the District Registrar in our office.  How can we have a pod of 4 when district registrars are required to do only legal work.... not daily work.  I guess we will find out.  We named our pod NEMO.  We told them it stood for Neepawa's Excellent Method of Operation.  We decided it really stands for New Errors Made Often.  We shall see on Monday.  Jim and I decided today that for our 15th anniversary we are going to get someone to hold a party for us that I do not have to do anything for.  When Don and I got married I was up making Coleslaw early in the morning (and at that point in my life I hated coleslaw)  When Jim and I got married I had to plan his entire retirement party for the same day.  We figure it is time for me to enjoy.  Even Jim agrees on that point.  We are entered in the legion golf tournament on the 17th.  Usually Rodney and Kristy golf with us but they will be on a houseboat in BC that weekend.  Jim's friend Dennis and his stepson Brian will golf with us instead.  I asked if Jim told them that I am not a golfer but he said they will find that out :).  The wind has been vicious here the last couple of days.  In fact.... all spring.  We have had one fire this year.  Other than that it has been windy or rainy.  Lisa asked us to cover at the Legion for a while today while she went out and then Jim got a text from Kellie asking him to cover for a while on Monday.  I guess it pays to be a regular that they trust.  It was fine today... we did the till and the VLTs and even sold some Chase the Ace tickets so I am sure Jim will be fine on Monday.   I told him to take a book in case he gets bored.  He hates using the till but he did fine today.  4 more days and I am off for 2 weeks.  I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment